This is what I have discovered about my health and the entry from yesterday. There was a “Life Stress Scale” I learned about in nursing school. Things which cause major life stresses are marriage, death, moving, divorce and a new job, and secondary stressors are diets, quitting smoking or other addictions, financial problems (if not major), buying a home, car, etc… I am starting a new job in 10 days so it is not wise to change my life in a way that I have control over like dieting and quitting smoking.
I will start the job and give it 2-4 weeks, I am very adaptable. Then I will start the diet for 2-4 weeks, then attempt to quit smoking. In the interim, I will subtly decrease calories and start drinking water. Sometimes I despise water although we as humans are 70% water. I have never really understood my diversion of water when it is so important. Slowly increasing it by drinking a bottle a day, then two, until I am at a minimum of 4 a day (20oz) is good. Historically I have been known to jump from the frying pan into the flames so I will be conscious of change.
Today I cheated a little on the painting and jumped to Scene V-The Devil. It is said that he was a beautiful angel, a dragon, serpent, so I definitely know he had/has wings and he is “beautiful”. I had started him long ago with his seven heads and ten horns. The halting of my progress was trying to discover how 10 horns fit one 7 heads and which heads are affected. I still have not figured that out. When I have problems with the painting I try to dream of the solutions. Long ago I dreamed that 3 heads were larger and primary and had 2 horns each.
This has become a waste of very expensive paint. How I originally painted The Devil was by placing dabs of Golden (the most expensive paints) Acrylic approximately 6mm high. After time I developed a strategy where a certain amount of time passed where the paint became almost dry and I would smash the dabs as flat as they would go. When they flattened, they would be about 2mm-3mm high and irregular in shape resembling lizard skin. It was perfect and an exciting technique for the texture of the serpent or dragon.
I had even learned to shadow the dragon by placing 1/2 red and 1/2 brown in a single dab which caused a darker and lighter side to each “scale” of his skin. Currently there is an estimated $800.00 worth of paint creating what is completed. The wastefulness is the change I am contemplating although I may be able to save much of what has been created. It is the color (of all things) I am thinking of changing. The good thing is red and green make brown and the brown is determined by the ratios. Changing from red to green may not be too harsh because of brown.
The heads were like snakes but now I want them to look more like dragons, powerful with flared out necks like a raptor dinosaur. The image is fresh in my mind but the transition is not. Definite sketches will have to be done in order not to waste the paint already used. It is estimated that nearly $2000.00 or more will be required to created this “beautiful” beast. It seems ironic that of any character in the painting, he will need the most attention which is typical of his attributes and somehow expected. It will be interesting to see the outcome.